Sunday, January 22, 2012

To-Die-For Pumpkin Pancakes...Seriously

Oh.My.Goodness! I feel like I just stumbled upon a gold mine! Making pancakes for my family this morning,  I didn't want to just make the ordinary pancakes you eat with syrup. And I wanted to add a "healthy" component so I had a thought... "What if I add pumpkin puree instead of oil?" And THAT is how this now-family favorite recipe was born.  My husband, who can be a really tough critic, deemed them "Phenomenal!"

I'm still drooling just thinking about it.  See that butter, sliding off the pancake? Oh, and that little cup... Pumpkin CREAM!
Add caption


I suppose I should just get to the recipe? Okay then. Here we go. 

Holly's To-Die-For Pumpkin Pancakes

1 (22oz) bag of Bob's Red Mill GF Pancake Mix* (approximately 3+ cups)
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups milk (can use Rice, Almond, Soy. etc)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar (or your choice of sweetener) 
1 TBSP vanilla
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
pinch of salt

Honestly, I just dumped it all in the bowl and used my whisk to get lumps out.  Add more milk if batter is too thick. 

Pour by 1/4 cups into a hot buttered skillet (med-high heat) 
wait for edges to set and flip 
when you flip them, they fluff up! 

Serve hot with butter and your choice of applesauce or Pumpkin cream (recipe to follow!) 

*We like Bob's Red Mill GF Pancake Mix. It's reasonably priced, the flavor is good and its fairly easy to find.  The thing about Pancake mix is that the leavening is already included so you don't need to mess with that.  You can substitute your choice of milk, too, so you can be dairy- free and serve them with applesauce! 


No comments:

Post a Comment